Integrated Education and Training: Implementing Programs in Diverse Contexts
This guide shares how eight IET programs from around the country have been integrating education and training. Many of the programs have been around since long before the federal Workforce Investment and Innovation Act (WIOA) and are making adjustments to conform to the new requirements; others are using WIOA as an opportunity to forge new workforce collaborations.
The programs profiled are:
· Asian-American Civic Association (Boston, MA)
· Community Action, Inc. of Central Texas (Austin, TX)
· Eastern Aroostook Adult and Community Education (Caribou, ME)
· Genesis Center (Providence, RI)
· Johnson County Community College (Johnson County, KS)
· LaGuardia Community College (Queens, NY)
· Northeast Mississippi Community College (Booneville, MS)
· Southwest Regional Adult and Continuing Education (Southwest VA)
Program profiles highlight the importance of designing programming that fits the particular context of a local community – both its opportunities and constraints. From this array of IET programs – new and well established, rural and urban, ABE and ESOL – we hope this guide provides inspiration and models to adult educators as they plan or strengthen their own IET programs.Download the Integrated Education and Training Guide: Implementing Programs in Diverse Contexts here.