Research-based Strategies and Models for Adult Transitions to Postsecondary Education
Read and discuss the research on the changing workforce and examine the reasons why adult learners need to go beyond the GED to advance their earning potential. Examine program models that support adult transitions to postsecondary education.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify the economic factors that point to the need for education and training beyond the GED and English language study.
- Describe key challenges adult learners face, particularly under-prepared students, in accessing and persisting in postsecondary education.
- Describe a variety of strategies that contribute to persistence in postsecondary education.
- Describe the key strengths and limitations of five models of adult transition programs.
- Describe the economic and educational landscape in your local area.
- Articulate the need for college transition programming to support the successful transition of adult learners to postsecondary education, based on national and local data.
Course Schedule: www.professionalstudiesae.worlded.org/#ct